segunda-feira, 24 de dezembro de 2007

Koppángen: Anne Sofie Von Otter


Céu em Dezembro/07

There is silence around me
in the peaceful winter night.
From the church down in the valley
I can see the candlelight.
And I stopped for a moment
is this winter paradise,
when I heard a choir singing
through the darkness and the ice.

And the rays from the lights behind
the window's vaulted frames
have united the souls in hope
that something great is waiting.
And I know that those who have left us here
had the same thoughts as I.
We're like flames in the darkness
and stars up in the sky.

And I can see how they sparkle,
and they fade before my eyes,
and the truth is coming closer
like a wonder in disguise.
We are caught here for a moment
like an imprint of a hand
on an old and frosted window
or a footprint in the sand.

For a while I'm eternal -
that's the only thing I know,
I am here and we share our dreams
about our destination.
It is cold out here, the snow is white
but I am warm' cause I know that
my faith will be my guide.

Now there is silence around me,
I have heard those words again
in a hymn of grace and glory,
saying: nothing is in vain!
I can sing - nd I believe it,
let the message reach the sky.
Oh silent night,
let your promise never die!

And I long for the others,
it is peaceful in the church.
He was born for a purpose,
and that's why we're together.
Holy night, I feel like a child inside,
and believe he was sent.
So I'm lighting a candle
each Sunday in Advent.

(Music: Pereric Moraeus, Arranjement: Kalle Moraeus/ Bengan Jansson / Lyrics: Py Bäckman)
Album "HOME for CHRISTMAS"

0 Comentários:

Enviar um comentário

Subscrever Enviar feedback [Atom]

<< Página inicial